Danny is an Information Technology professional who has a passion for excellence. He is a results-oriented and objective-driven manager and a team player who has the ability to communicate at all levels of a corporate organization.
He started his career in computers in 1984. A graduate of engineering, he took up his computer studies at the Instritute of Advanced Computer Technology, one of Manila’s best computer-based training schools, where he finished his course one month ahead of schedule.
He begun his I.T. profession as a programmer. He has since then assumed most of the critical roles in computer systems development. He has been a systems analyst, a documentation specialist, and a project manager. Todate, he has occupied the following positions:
- Manager, Project Management Office, Datec PNG Ltd (Papua New Guinea’s leading ICT Company)
- IT Manager, CPL Group (Operator of Papua New Guinea’s largest retail chain of supermarkets, pharmacies, and hardware stores)
- Managing IT Consultant, Alpha & Omega Business Solutions
- Manager, PC Systems Development, Security Bank
- Manager, QA Department, Security Bank
- Vice President for Operations, MDSI
- Manager, Systems Development, MDSI
- EDP Manager, MESCO
- IT Consultant, National Book Store, Manila
- Professor, De La Salle University, Manila
His experience in computer environment is just as varied. He has handled projects using AS/400, Unix- and Windows-based computers, mainframes, PCs, and Macintoshes. He is now advocating he use of open computing – the Linux Operating System and Linux-based applications.
He is one of the pioneers in Manila to create Windows- and Macintosh-based applications. He developed business applications with graphical interface as early as 1992, when only few people know the power of Windows operating system.
He has headed the Project Management Office of Datec PNG Ltd, Papua New Guinea’s leading Information & Communications Technology company.